Monday 5 January 2015


                                                           Trapped

Today, 10 am, in the school gym. English my worst class this year. The last thing I am is prepared for this exam. If only I went to more classes, and studied, or did my homework maybe I’d have a chance. As I get closer to the school I feel my knees grow weaker, and my heart start to race. As I open the door regret hits me in the face like a gust of wind. I walk into the common area and find my class and sit with them until the exam starts. They seem more relaxed then I am, probably because they are prepared and I’m not. I sigh as we are called into the gym to take our seats. The smell of the newly waxed floor makes my head start to spin. I see the exams being passed out and my head starts to spin. Silence complete silence. I get my exam; I wish I could just run out of the gym and never look back. Unfortunately that’s not an option. Everyone has started their exam and all I can hear is the sound of people writing, and a few nervously clicking their pens. The roughness of my desk under my exam is aggravating. I finally open my exam and all I see is words, words, and more words. None of which make sense to me. I flip through the pages, guess after guess, I’m almost done. About an hour later I finished my original composition, done finally I’m done. I feel all the regret rushing to me again as I hand in my exam. I feel relieved as I walk out of the gym, I also feel hatred towards myself for not making an effort to go to class. Left with this terrible feeling I promised myself I would always make an effort to go to study, do my homework, and prepare for my exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment